Wednesday, January 13, 2016

The Cave by Michela Montgomery WITH Review

The Cave by Michela Montgomery
(The Wind Cave #1)
Published by: Post Hill Press
Publication date: April 7th 2015
Genres: New Adult, Post-Apocalyptic

Synopsis:


When a nuclear war devastates the U.S., a four-day excursion quickly turns into a fight for survival in The Cave. Six Stanford students journey into one of the deepest and longest caves in North America. A day into their journey, a nuclear war begins from within the U.S. Unable to return to the surface, and unsure what they will find when they do, the Cave will test the strength and survival of each person differently – transforming six individuals into a team, and ultimately…a family.



Purchase:


Review:
4.5 stars

I received a copy of this book in exchange for a honest review.

The Cave is about six college age kids on their way to the trip of a lifetime.  Some are there to study and the others are there for companionship.  A four day camping trip turns into a month adventure when a series of nuclear bombs go off and keep the group in the cave.  It is a story of love and survival.  What would each person do in order to survive?

I really enjoyed this book.  I am a huge fan of dystopian and post apocalyptic fiction and after reading the synopsis I knew this book would be something I was interested in.  I feel in love with the characters.  They were complex and each complimented the other.  I was truly impressed with how much I enjoyed all the characters.  I, of course, do have a favorite character and it was Matt.  He was cocky, snarky, and caring. He was everything I enjoy in a character.  I have got to say my favorite part was the night Kate was choosing whether or not to become a doctor.  It was raw emotions and hope for a different life.  The ending did leave with a cliff hanger.  I was so eager to find out what happens I purchased the whole series on Amazon.  I did get in paperback because I'm having cover lust.  I would recommend this series to anyone who wants a realistic take on survival.




1 comment:

  1. I love post apocalyptic stories and survivalist stories so this sounds like one I would enjoy as well! Great review! :)

    ReplyDelete